On Tuesday April 20…
Want to do a better audition?
Give a better performance?
Create a better show?
Want to learn how to prepare a song for cabaret?
Choosing and workshopping cabaret songs is one of the things new performers seem to find difficult and stressful when creating their own shows. On Tuesday April 20 at 8.00 pm we’ll be running another of the popular cabaret masterclasses at The Butterfly Club: a chance not only to hear useful techniques for selecting and arranging cabaret repertoire, but also see performers in action analyzing, workshopping and performing their songs in progress.
The class is designed for:
1. Singers developing audition songs or looking to improve their performance skills
2. Performers workshopping new material for upcoming shows
3. New artists who are interested in finding out about cabaret
If you’ve been interested in the Creating Solo Cabaret course, but are not ready to take the plunge, this is a great chance to come along and see how a cabaret workshop is run.
Plus, you only pay normal Club ticket prices ($22/$17) rather than class fees. Bargain!
This is an unusual opportunity to see cabaret creating in action!
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL: www.thebutterflyclub.com
For expressions of interest to actually perform in the class, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also RSVP on Facebook: Cabaret Workshop
*A masterclass is an open cabaret lesson where you, the audience, get to learn about the craft by:
1. Hearing artist and director Dr. Kim Edwards talk about the cabaret genre and demands of cabaret performing
2. Seeing cabaret artists perform songs they’re working on
3. Experiencing a unique public workshop as the artists are taught how to develop and improve their cabaret material